I am back from hiking 20 miles in two days down into the Haleakala volcano crater. I wish I could say I missed Internet access (I did try to check my email on Anna’s iPhone in a moment of weakness, but there was no service), but in reality it felt great to get out and explore the island.
This is another in a series of betas in which we’re focusing on fixing bugs. Here are the fixes that made it into this release:
- FIX: Scott updated the XBox360 controller keymap, mapping the white and black buttons to the two buttons above the triggers and made some other improvements and fixes. NOTE: You will have to remove your existing keymap.xml in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData. As before, failure to do so may result in your having fairly unpleasant interactions with carnivorous dinosaurs.
- FIX: The screensaver kicked in after 10 seconds no matter what the time was set to.
- FIX: Our European friends will be happy to know that accented characters now show up correctly when browsing files and directories. Thanks to Roman for pointing me in the right direction. Total amount of time spent tracking this down including the time I invested last time (in which I gave up) was probably about 10 hours, so it feels really good to nail this one.
- FIX: Timezone selection has been removed, and we now use the OS X timezone. This fixes the DST problem people reported, and allows the timezone selection to be handled in a single place.
- FIX: Weather is fixed.
- FIX: Scripts are fixed (silly release building error).
- FIX: Red and blue were swapped in SSA subtitles.
- FIX: Allow selecting any available audio device as a passthrough device. This should enable people with external USB interfaces with digital output to use them. NOTE: You may have to reselect your audio output device if you’re doing passthrough.
- FIX: Much improved bold-ing and italic-ing thanks to jmarshall.
- FIX: Mediasources.xml and profiles and plugins were incorrectly read from and written to application bundle.
- FIX: Potential fix for the XBMC helper losing exclusive access to the Apple Remote (and thus holding down play putting the machine to sleep). Please test, and if you still run into the problem, let me know if you’re running in full-screen mode, windowed, or both, along with any other details that may help track the problem down.
As we all know, making a release is just another excuse to post yet another picture of Barkley, who turned three on Saturday. The release is available here as a torrent, or here as an HTTP download. Enjoy!