A few quick changes, so that I can go off and enjoy the weekend…the release can be downloaded here.
- NEW: Improved handling of situations where display refresh rate < video frame rate. Allows doing things like watching 60 FPS videos on a 24 Hz display (although this doesn’t work perfectly yet). It also improves how 24p content displays in 24p mode. (N.B. the mode on your display should really be 23.976 Hz. It doesn’t sound like a big difference but it accumulates). Thanks to elupus for pointing me in the right direction.
- NEW: RAW thumbnails are now built using the embedded JPEG (when present), so previewing directories of RAWs is now really quick.
- FIX: I was seeing occasional crashes when using FTP, due to an apparent incorrect ordering of libcurl operations. I’ve also increased the idle time from 5 seconds to 30, because when browsing, the connection would tend to close and need to be reestablished. It could probably be longer.
- FIX: The hang in library mode has been fixed.
- FIX: TV and movie scrapers have been updated and should now work.
- FIX: Don’t default to digital audio mode anymore, as we don’t need to now that we do mix-down.
And one again, here’s Barkley, who has agreed to sponsor all future releases. He thinks that the ball in the mirror is a duplicate and he’s trying to figure out how to get them both.