Plex respects the intellectual property of others. When Plex becomes aware of express third-party allegations of copyright infringement in material distributed through the Plex Solution, Plex will investigate the allegations and take appropriate action. This responsive action can include, without limitation and particularly in the case of individuals who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others, termination of access and usage privileges. You acknowledge that you may be liable for damages, including attorneys’ fees and costs, if you materially misrepresent that a work or activity is infringing your rights. If Plex terminates or suspends access to or use of the Plex Solution, Plex will make a good-faith attempt (as warranted) to contact the person who posted the content so that they may make counter notification pursuant to applicable laws. It is Plex’s policy to document all notices of alleged infringement upon which Plex decides to take action. As with all legal notices, a copy of the notice may be sent to one or more third parties who may make such notice available to the public, including as a part of legal proceedings. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible through the Plex Solution in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Plex’s Copyright Agent (below) with the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material on and through the Plex Solution that is requested to be removed;
- Your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available, so that Plex may contact you, if necessary;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed, and
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
Plex’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on and through the Plex Solution is and can be reached as follows:
Attn.: Legal Department
Hansmatt 32, 6370 Stans, Nidwalden, Switzerland
E-mail: [email protected]
Counter notification, as permitted by applicable law and, in particular, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, may be sent to Plex’s Copyright Agent. All counter notifications must include responsive information to what is set forth above, including any required statements or signatures.