Revised March 21, 2023
Subscriptions and Rentals (both defined below) are subject to these “Subscriptions and Rentals” terms, the Plex Servicevoorwaarden, the Plex Privacybeleid, and any other terms and conditions imposed by the third party provider of the Content, your financial services provider, and/or your mobile carrier or internet provider (collectively, the “Subscription and Rental Terms”). You are responsible for reviewing and following the Subscription and Rental Terms. Capitalized terms not defined below are defined in the Plex Terms of Service.
- Subscriptions. Access to certain Plex Solution features (e.g., Plex Pass) or Content provided by a third party (e.g., TIDAL) may require you to enroll in a subscription for a recurring period of time as specified during order or registration (“Subscription”). Subscriptions may also have particular access or usage requirements.
- Ordering. To enroll in a Subscription, you may be required to create an account or complete a registration process. The Plex Solution will connect you to any required login, account, or registration process. Orders placed are not final until confirmed by Plex.
- Trial Period. Some Subscriptions may start with a free trial period. To avoid any charges following the trial period, you must cancel the Subscription (see below) before the expiration of the free trial period.
- Fees. The applicable fee(s) for a Subscription will be specified at the time of order or when you change your Subscription. Sales tax may apply (see here for more info). Any applicable discounts or promotional prices will be noted at the time of order. Unless otherwise noted or required by applicable law, all fees are non-refundable and billed in advance for the upcoming Subscription period. For individuals in the EU or UK, orders may be canceled within 14 days from the date of purchase by contacting our Billing team. No refunds or credits shall be issued for partial months, upgrade/downgrades, nonuse, or termination of account due to Subscription and Rental Terms violations. When you order a Subscription, you will initially be charged at the rate applicable at the time of your initial request to subscribe. If the price of your Subscription changes, we will provide you with at least thirty (30) days’ prior notice.
- Billing and Payment. To enroll in a Subscription, you must provide a current, valid, accepted method of payment (“Payment Method”). By providing a Payment Method, you authorize Plex to debit the Payment Method on a recurring basis for the applicable cost of the Subscription. Following expiration of any free trial period, a Subscription is billed in advance for the identified Subscription period. In addition to any fee(s) for a Subscription, you are responsible for any charges (including any foreign transaction charges) that may be imposed by credit card providers or other third parties in connection with your use of or payment for the Subscription. Should charges for which you are responsible fail at the time payment is required, you may be responsible for costs associated with Plex’s efforts to collect amounts due in accordance with applicable laws.
- Renewal. Unless otherwise noted at time of order, a Subscription will renew automatically for recurring periods on or about the date the then-current recurring Subscription period expires. Such renewal will be for the same duration as the original Subscription period. Your Subscription will remain in effect and continue to renew automatically until it is canceled by you as set forth below, or by Plex in accordance with the Terms of Service. Please also note that Content or the features or functionality of the Plex Solution may change for the renewal period and/or may be subject to different fees. We will provide prior notice of any changes in advance of any renewal.
- Cancellation. You are responsible for the cancellation of any Subscription. You can cancel at any time with such cancellation effective upon expiration of the then-current Subscription period. To cancel, please visit this page and make a cancellation request at least one (1) day prior to the end of your then-current Subscription period.
- Prohibited Uses. Plex accounts and Subscriptions may not be transferred or resold. Attempts to buy, sell, barter, or solicit other forms of payment in exchange for any Plex account or Subscription may result in cancellation, deactivation, or deletion of your account or Subscriptions.
- Rentals. Access to certain Content provided by Plex or a third-party may require you to pay a rental fee for on-demand viewing of such Content within a limited period of time (“Rental”). Subject to payment of any charges for a Rental and your compliance with the Subscription and Rental Terms, Plex grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited license, during the applicable viewing period, to access and view the Rental for personal, non-commercial, and private use.
- Ordering. To purchase a Rental, you are required to create a Plex account. Orders placed are not final until confirmed by Plex.
- Fees. The applicable fee(s) for a Rental will be specified at the time of order. Sales tax may apply (see here for more info). Any applicable discounts or promotional prices will be noted at the time of order. Unless otherwise noted or required by applicable law, all fees are non-refundable. No refunds or credits shall be issued for nonuse or termination due to Subscription and Rental Terms violations.
- Payment. To purchase a Rental, you must provide a Payment Method. In addition to any fee(s) for a Rental, you are responsible for any charges (including any foreign transaction charges) that may be imposed by credit card providers or other third parties in connection with your use of or payment for the Rental(s). Should charges for which you are responsible fail at the time payment is required, you may be responsible for costs associated with Plex’s efforts to collect amounts due in accordance with applicable laws.
- Cancellation. You may cancel any unplayed Rental within 48 hours of the rental (for individuals in the EU or UK, within 14 days from the date of purchase or rental) by contacting us at this page. Once playback has been initiated on any Rental, it may not be canceled.
- Playback Quality. Plex endeavors to provide you with a high quality viewing experience. We cannot guarantee the resolution or quality of your Rental because playback resolution and quality is dependent on your device (e.g. digital rights management (DRM) or High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) compatibility) and bandwidth. Plex reserves the right to reduce the resolution and file size of your Rental if we detect that it may otherwise not play properly due to a range of factors, including any of the foregoing reasons.
- Prohibited Uses. You may not (i) transfer, copy, or display the Rental except as permitted in the Subscription and Rental Terms; (ii) sell, rent, lease, distribute, or broadcast any right to the Rental; (iii) remove any proprietary notices, or labels on the Rental; (iv) attempt to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any DRM, HDCP, or other content protection system used as part of the Rental(s); or (v) use the Rental for any commercial or illegal purpose.