OK, it’s been a few days, so I just wanted to post a quick update. I hope to be making another release in the next day or two. Here’s what I’ve been working on:
- I synced up with all the changes in the XBMC linux branch. There were quite a lot, and as a result I needed to update ffmpeg as well. We’re now completely up to date with the ffmpeg trunk.
- I fixed a timing issue which was causing the frame rate to jump around from the correct speed to 50 or 60 frames per second. This caused video playback to look slightly jerky. The frame rate now tracks the video playback speed consistently in “fullscreen” mode.
- I’ve been working on fullscreen support. It took quite a while, but I tracked down a font corruption problem when in fullscreen mode, it seems there was either a bug in SDL, or a disagreement between XBMC and SDL. Either way, it has now been resolved.
- I worked around an issue that was preventing building XBMC in release mode.
- I’m also working on building an OS X Application bundle, including the needed dylibs, to make the install more plug-and-play.
There are a few issues remaining before I release the next version. I need to finish up basic fullscreen support, and track down a networking regression that was introduced when I synced up. There are a couple of other relatively minor video playback regressions that have also appeared, but the talented d4rk and vulkanr are looking into them.
That’s all I have for now.