Well, it looks like we’re getting the hang of the “release often” maxim, and hopefully you’re enjoying the frequent updates. Mostly bug-fixes in this one, with a slant towards DLNA. This has been deemed a beta-level release, so download from the usual place, or set yourself up for the beta AppCast. Here are the changes:
- NEW: Added a new advanced preference option to allow remote networks access to PMS without myPlex. You can designate a list of IP/netmasks which are allowed in. We’ll have more information about how to configure this here shortly.
- NEW: Add basic CORS support for web clients.
- NEW: (DLNA) Profile option to override device fields.
- NEW: (DLNA) DlnaDeviceDiscoveryInterval can now be set to 0 to disable device detection.
- NEW: (DLNA) Sections shared from remote servers now includes the server name.
- NEW: (DLNA) Support matching devices by other device properties than friendly name.
- NEW: (DLNA) Ship DLNA profiles with PMS builds instead of Framework builds.
- NEW: (DLNA) Emit icons using alternative resolutions.
- FIX: Skip publishing IP addresses from virtual interfaces.
- FIX: Be faster about extracting thumbnails.
- FIX: Fix the scanner hanging with 100% CPU scanning some evil AVIs.
- FIX: (Win) Fix crash when playing some Flash/Silverlight video.
- FIX: Notify HTTP clients that we close the connection.
- FIX: Only write the amount requested with HTTP range requests.
- FIX: Calculate bitrate for videos in a more accurate fashion.
- FIX: Scanner is smarter about need to reanalyze media.
- FIX: A few small memory leaks fixed in scanner.
- FIX: Crashes scanning some IMG/ISO files.
- FIX: Overeager timeout when waiting for transcoded content.
- FIX: iTunes plug-in crashes with invalid input key.
- FIX: (Linux) Crash related to VMware network interfaces.
- FIX: (Linux) rsync fixes.
- FIX: (Linux) DLNA crashes on certain systems with ancient compilers.
- FIX: (DLNA) Non-local servers will display server name along with section titles.
- FIX: (DLNA) PNs not being set for audio, fixes playback on PS3.
- FIX: (DLNA) Folders now show up in the folders view.
- FIX: (DLNA) Posters weren’t showing up on PS3.
- FIX: (DLNA) DLNA server now cleans up correctly when shutting down.
- FIX: (DLNA) Xbox now supports transcoded jpeg as icons and thumbnails.
- FIX: (DLNA) Set seek flags for audio/video (regression).
- FIX: (DLNA) Metadata for iTunes content now set properly.