Lots of good stuff fixed in this release, and we’re happy to bring it to you. You can download this release here.
- FIX: Crashes in Plex Media Server with Safari Adblocker and other similar plug-ins.
- FIX: Pulled a fix from XBMC for variable framerate FLV files (important for a new plug-in).
- FIX: Crashes in Apple Movie Trailers with 5.1 audio (integrated Ryan’s excellent audio fixes).
- FIX: Some of the menu shortcuts were broken (thanks to migueld for pointing this out).
- FIX: Some other crashes in Plex Media Server with badly behaved or misconfigured sites.
- FIX: Much improved Swedish translation, with many thanks to atrus.
- FIX: Updated to the latest Amazon scrapers (thanks to John Lockwood).
And some really nice new stuff. James and Isaac worked hard on usability for this release. First of all, we’ve made it easier for you to get to the App Store:
They also renamed some of the top level menu items, and added favorites, since with the ever-growing amount of content, favorites can be very helpful (use the context menu to add items to your favorites):
And finally, you know how most applications have this thing called “Help” where you can go to seek assistance inside the actual program? Novel concept, right? Well, James whipped up a plug-in, Isaac populated it, and now you can browse helpful screencasts without leaving Plex: